UKGovcamp code of conduct
Everyone participating at Govcamp is required to agree with the following code of conduct. This includes all attendees, organisers, volunteers (referred to as ‘campmakers’) and sponsors.
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurotype, physical appearance, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, socio-economic status, language, religion or any other characteristic.
Unacceptable behaviour includes (but is not limited to):
- offensive verbal comments
- deliberate intimidation, bullying, harassment
- stalking and/or following
- violence and/or threats of violence
- unwanted photography or recording; any photography/recording of under 18s where not the parent of said individual
- unwelcome sexual attention or physical contact
- sexual images and other inappropriate images in public spaces
- sustained disruption of talks/sessions
- other behaviour deemed inappropriate, offensive, threatening or harmful.
How to report an incident:
Organisers will enforce this code throughout the event. Photos of organisers can be found at https://www.ukgovcamp.com/about/. Campmakers can be identified on the day this year (2020) by rainbow sashes.
If you believe you’re experiencing unacceptable behaviour that will not be tolerated as outlined above, please contact an organiser or campmaker. Please also talk to us if you observe a potentially dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of these guidelines; even if the situation is not happening to you. We are here to help.
If a participant engages in behaviour that violates this code of conduct, the organisers will take action they deem appropriate, including (but not limited to) removing the participant from Govcamp and banning them from future events.
Govcamp belongs to everyone. Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, inclusive and friendly event for all. We are grateful to the following organisers for publishing their code of conduct, which we have used to improve ours.
- Mozilla Community Participation Guidelines
- Úll 2018 Code of Conduct
- DotiFest Code of Conduct
This code of conduct was updated January 2020.