UKGovcamp 2022 Code of Conduct
Need to report an incident? Contact the Govcamp organisers at: email@example.com or call on at 07751 673 389
We (the organisers of Govcamp) believe that our online spaces, just like our physical spaces, should be free from harassment, bullying and hate.
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurotype, physical appearance, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, socio-economic status, language, religion or any other characteristic.
Everyone who participates at Govcamp has a responsibility to help us create a safe online space and must agree to our code of conduct. This includes all attendees, organisers, volunteers (referred to as ‘Campmakers’) and sponsors.
Unacceptable behaviour includes (but is not limited to):
- offensive verbal comments
- deliberate intimidation, bullying, harassment
- stalking and/or following
- violence and/or threats of violence
- unwelcome sexual attention or physical contact
- sharing content/links to content which is illegal, pornographic or other inappropriate material
- sustained disruption of talks/sessions
- other behaviour deemed inappropriate, offensive, threatening or harmful.
- unsolicited and/or persistent messaging in private channels (e.g. twitter direct messages)
- instigating or encouraging any of the behaviours set out above is also unacceptable
If a participant engages in behaviour that violates this code of conduct, the organisers will take action they deem appropriate, including (but not limited to) removing the participant from Govcamp and banning them from future events.
Organisers will drop into sessions throughout the week to check for any inappropriate behaviour, and we have asked our Campmakers to do the same.
Photography and recording
Please also note that as Govcamp 2022 will be held virtually (and therefore not in a public space), taking photographs of attendees at the event and/or recording sessions will not be allowed.
How to report an incident:
If you believe you’re experiencing unacceptable behaviour as outlined above, please contact an organiser at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07751 673 389
You can find names and photographs of organisers at: https://www.ukgovcamp.com/about/
Please also tell us if you observe a potentially dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of these guidelines; even if the situation is not happening to you. We are here to help.
Govcamp belongs to everyone. Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, inclusive and friendly event for all. We are grateful to the following organisers for publishing their code of conduct, which we have used to improve ours.
- Mozilla Community Participation Guidelines
- Úll 2018 Code of Conduct
- DotiFest Code of Conduct
- YouGotThis Conference
This code of conduct was updated January 2022 to include our telephone number.