Our #govcamp23 events, Govcamp North and UKGovcamp, will be our first in-person events since the start of the covid-19 pandemic, and we are conscious that many of our attendees will be concerned about the health risks associated with being amongst a large group of people.
At the time of writing there are no covid-19 restrictions in place in England, we will review the guidance up to and including the day of the event for any changes. At a minimum we will be taking the following steps to keep our participants, volunteers and organisers safe.
Attendees, volunteers, contractors and organisers:
- If you are experiencing symptoms of covid-19 or another winter virus, please do not attend
- Please be conscious of others’ space when moving around the venue, and be respectful if, for example, someone asks you to stand further away, put on a mask or leave a door open
- We encourage you to wear a mask around the venue and we will have some at registration but we leave this up to individual choice and won’t be enforcing the wearing of masks
- We ask that you take a lateral flow test prior to attendance, and do not attend if you receive a positive result. We will not be checking test results as a prerequisite to entry, we trust that you will complete this in order to keep our volunteers and fellow attendees safe
We will provide (Barnsley):
- hand sanitizers at the check in desks and at strategic points
- spare masks if you forget your and wish to wear one
- well ventilated rooms
We will provide (London):
- Hand sanitiser on the registration desk
- Outdoor space
- Doing the opening/closing in larger space
- Publishing the agenda online, so you don’t need to gather in the main hall to know what’s going on
If you are concerned that someone is not following these guidelines you can speak to the organisers. We’ll be recognisable on the day by our sashes. If someone is demonstrating unsafe behaviour we will consider this a violation of our code of conduct
If you would like more information ahead of attendance you can contact your friendly organising team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we are taking these steps, we cannot mitigate every risk, hence we are running a joint online event on 19th January 2023. Registrations for this event will remain open until just before the event.